We are looking for a full-time fully remote bilingual (English & Spanish) individual with solid experience in the legal practice to join our team and assist our South America and U.S. based team to analyze, research and draft legal documents associated with immigration applications and petitions.
A successful candidate will have both legal and plain language writing prowess (both in English and Spanish), research and analytical skills, critical thinking, sharp legal and logical reasoning. Organizational and interpersonal skills are central. Although constant support will be given, the candidate should be able to succeed in a semi-autonomous work atmosphere.
The recruit will handle some of the following tasks:
- Contact clients to provide documentation and information that will integrate the petition or application packet.
- Draft declarations based on information that needs to be obtained from clients.
- Fill out forms with information previously obtained from clients.
- Draft cover letters from available templates, adjusting them to the facts of the case.
- Prepare application and petition packets.
- Search online for secondary evidence that might be needed to make the case.
- Do legal research as required.
- Follow up with clients on assignments.
- Lawyer, advanced law student, and/or legal translator with prior experience doing legal work is desired. Priority will be given to applicants with previous immigration law experience.
- +3 years legal experience is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in writing is more important than spoken fluency.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills.
- Strong legal and logical reasoning skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well autonomously.
- Extremely flexible schedule. What matters is that the work gets done.
- No micromanagement.
- Healthy work environment with constant support. Recruit will receive general immigration law training during onboarding.
- Access to an ample pool of legal resources.
- Great opportunity for growth and learning.
- 14-day PTO. Paid holidays (you can pick your own holidays or U.S. federal and state holidays.)
Compensation in USD. Biweekly pay. Payment via Wise or another digital wallet, as preferred.
We are a well-established immigration law firm based in Jacksonville, Florida, which assists clients throughout Florida and adjacent states. We are currently looking for a full-time fully remote Bilingual Legal Assistant to join the team.
The office was founded in 2006 and provides assistance to clients in all aspects of the complex U.S. immigration system. We represent clients seeking immigration benefits, including permanent residence (green cards), citizenship, and various types of non-immigrant visas. On a daily basis, we handle several types of family and employment petitions, humanitarian visas, applications based on special adjustment programs, and asylum cases. We also provide legal defense in removal and deportation proceedings.
The office caters to a large clientele of Central and South American nationals and citizens who are either already present in, or attempting to travel to, the United States, and who speak Spanish only.
If your profile matches our requirements, we will reach out to you in order to move ahead with the process. Thank you for your interest.