This is an invitation-only position.
We are looking for a fully bilingual attorney with solid experience in the legal practice to join our team and work alongside our Latin American and U.S. based team, managing various immigration cases across the board. A successful candidate will have both legal and plain language writing prowess (both in English and Spanish), research and analytical skills, critical thinking, sharp legal and logical reasoning. Organizational and interpersonal skills are central. Although constant support will be given, the candidate should be able to succeed in a semi-autonomous work atmosphere.
The recruit will handle some of the following tasks:
- Contact clients to provide documentation and information that will integrate the petition or application packet
- Draft declarations based on information that needs to be obtained from clients.
- Fill out forms with information previously obtained from clients.
- Draft cover letters from available templates, adjusting them to the facts of the case.
- Prepare application and petition packets.
- Search online for secondary evidence that might be needed to make the case.
- Do legal research as required.
- Follow up with clients on assignments.
- Lawyer, advanced law student, and/or legal translator with prior experience doing legal work is desired. Priority will be given to applicants with previous immigration law experience.
- +3 years legal experience is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in writing is more important than spoken fluency.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills.
- Strong legal and logical reasoning skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well autonomously.
- Flexible schedule. What matters is that the work gets done.
- No micromanagement.
- Healthy work environment with constant support. Recruit will receive general immigration law training during onboarding.
- Access to an ample pool of legal resources.
- Great opportunity for growth and learning.
Compensation in USD. Biweekly pay. Payment via Wise or another digital wallet, as preferred.