Acquiring A Green Card
For many immigrants living here in the U.S., gaining a green card is one of their top goals. The green card and legal permanent resident status means you can freely live and work here and make a living for yourself and your family.At Rebecca Black Immigration, PA, we help immigrants living in Jacksonville and around the region navigate the challenges that come with seeking a green card. Our lawyers from around the world have the knowledge and patience to stick by you throughout the process to protect your interests.
The Knowledge And Experience You Need In Your Corner
An immigrant can gain a green card and legal permanent resident status in several ways. We can provide assistance with:
- Sponsoring family members, such as a spouse or unmarried children, for residency in the U.S.
- Gaining employment in the U.S. if you are a highly skilled worker and your employer can prove that there are no American workers who can perform your job
- Investing in a new business in the U.S. and employing U.S. workers
- Continuing to live in the U.S. safely after suffering abuse from your U.S. citizen spouse or parent
- Entering the diversity visa lottery to be one of the foreign nationals gaining a green card through this annual drawing
While gaining a green card will provide you with extra security for living and working in the U.S. compared with a different type of visa, there are steps you will have to continue to take to maintain your status as a legal permanent resident. Our lawyers can keep you informed about these steps to make sure you stay on top of everything.
Additionally, a green card can be the start of your journey in becoming a naturalized citizen. We can walk you through all the steps, taking time to answer all of your questions and concerns.