The Data Entry & File Clerk is a vital role in our organization, dedicated to ensuring efficient and accurate management of client files related to immigration processes. The role involves a variety of duties focused on document handling, information management, and administrative support. This position requires meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
File Management and Assembly
- Assemble and prepare files for mailing.
- Conduct thorough scanning of complete client files for electronic storage.
- Manage Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for FBI checks, including downloading FOIA information into client’s electronic file.
- Identify and flag potential issues in criminal background checks, forwarding these to the attorney for review.
Document Assembly and Processing
- Efficiently scan and store various client documents in electronic files, including identification, personal statements, questionnaires, and various forms of evidence (joint documentation, hardship documents, financial documents, etc.).
- Manage biographical documents such as birth certificates, passports, marriage certificates, and receipt notices.
- Post-receipt of documents, scan them into the client’s file and notify the case worker about the availability of this documentation.
- Print out complete files, create mailing labels, and adjust cover letters. Facilitate the obtaining of attorney signatures for forms and cover letters.
- Send closing letters upon case completion.
- Efficiently organize and move client files to appropriate folders based on case disposition.
- Provide support in answering phone calls as needed, ensuring professional and prompt communication.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Must be Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Portuguese with preference for Portuguese.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficiency in document management and electronic filing systems.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic understanding of immigration processes and documentation is preferred.